Template:Citation Style documentation/editor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- editor-last: surname of editor. Do not wikilink—use editor-link instead. Where the surname is usually written first—as in Chinese—or for corporate authors, simply use editor-last to include the same format as the source. Aliases: editor-last1, editor1-last, editor-surname, editor-surname1, editor1-surname, editor, editor1.
- editor: This parameter is used to hold the complete name of a single editor (first and last), or the name of an editorial committee. This parameter should never hold the names of more than one editor.
- editor-first: given or first names of editor, including title(s); example: Firstname Middlename or Firstname M. or Dr. Firstname M., Sr. Do not wikilink—use editor-link instead. Aliases: editor-first1, editor1-first, editor-given, editor-given1, editor1-given.
- OR: for multiple editors, use editor-last1, editor-first1 through editor-lastn, editor-firstn (Aliases: editorn-last, editor-surnamen or editorn-surname; editorn-first, editor-givenn or editorn-given; editorn). For an individual editor plus an institutional editor, you can use Template:ParaTemplate:Para Template:Para.
- editor-link: title of existing Wikipedia article about the editor—not the editor's website; do not wikilink. Aliases: editor-link1.
- OR: for multiple editors, use editor-link1 through editor-linkn (alias editorn-link).
- name-list-format: displays authors and editors in Vancouver style when set to
vancand when the list uses
firstparameters for the name list(s)
- veditors: comma separated list of editor names in Vancouver style; enclose corporate or institutional names in doubled parentheses:
- editor-linkn and editor-maskn may be used for the individual names in Template:Para, as described above
- editors: free-form list of editor names; use of this parameter is discouraged; not an alias of editor-last
- Use display-editors to control the length of the displayed editor name list and to specify when "et al." is included.
- If authors: Authors are first, followed by the included work, then "In" and the editors, then the main work.
- If no authors: Editors appear before the included work; a single editor is followed by "ed."; multiple editors are followed by "eds."