Template:Citation Style documentation/date
- date: Date of source being referenced. Can be full date (day, month, and year) or partial date (month and year, season and year, or year). Use same format as other publication dates in the citations.Template:R Required when year is used to disambiguate Template:Tlx links to multiple-work citations by the same author in the same year.Template:Sup Do not wikilink. Displays after the authors and is enclosed in parentheses. If there is no author, then displays after publisher. Template:Hatnote inline
- For approximate year, precede with "
c.", like this: Template:Para.
Script error: No such module "anchor".
- For no date, or "undated", use Template:Para
- Automatic date formatting: Citation Style 1 and 2 templates, including this template, automatically render dates in date parameters (Template:Para, Template:Para, Template:Para, etc.) in the style specified by the article's Template:Tlx or Template:Tlx template. See those templates' documentation for details.
- year: Year of source being referenced. Use of Template:Para is recommended unless Template:Em of the following conditions are met:
- The Template:Para format is YYYY-MM-DD.
- The citation requires a
- The template uses Template:Para or Template:Para, or the template is Template:Tlx.
- orig-year: Original publication year; displays in square brackets after the date (or year). For clarity, please supply specifics. For example: Template:Para or Template:Para. Alias: origyear
- df: date format; sets rendered dates to the specified format; does not support date ranges or seasonal dates; overrides the automatic date formatting described above. Accepts one value which may be one of these:
dmy– set publication dates to day month year format; access- and archive-dates are not modified;
mdy– as above for month day, year format
ymd– as above for year initial numeric format YYYY-MM-DD
dmy-all– set publication, access-, and archive-dates to day month year format;
mdy-all– as above for month day, year format
ymd-all– as above for year initial numeric format YYYY-MM-DD